Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody said it was a happy little tale… if somebody told you I was just your average ordinary guy, not a care in the world… somebody lied.
Hi! I’m Riccardo. I’m originally from Milan, Italy, and currently based in Copenhagen, Denmark, where I’m working as a Software Engineer for Microsoft Development Center Copenhagen.
I grew a passion for technology, computers, and video games during my teenage years. It all started from surfing through magazines and websites, where I was consuming learning tutorials. After some time, I could already depict myself as a young computer geek. When the time to decide what to do with my life came, I chose to follow this path and dive more into computers and programming languages.
From 2008 to 2013 I attended High School in Rozzano (Milano), Italy. Since July 2016, I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering from Politecnico di Milano. In August 2016 I started a MSc Programme in Digital Media Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), in Copenhagen. I graduated in February 2019 and achieved a specialization in Data Science and Big Data.
In Copenhagen, I got my first ever student job as Student Software Developer in the PrimeServ Spare Parts department of MAN Diesel & Turbo SE, where I worked in the period February-August 2016. I developed and maintained internal software used for daily maintenance operations on spare parts and bills of materials data.
In September 2017, I began a new adventure in Microsoft Development Center Copenhagen, as a Student Software Engineer. I joined a team working with the development and maintenance of back-end Cloud services that operate the platform of Dynamics NAV, later rebranded to Dynamics Business Central, the SaaS ERP solution for small/medium businesses. Please check out my LinkedIn profile for more detailed information and my Skills page.
- I consume news about socio-political global issues, the environment, climate change, and cultures.
- I’m decently good at video editing and I use my YouTube channel to showcase my creations (a mixture of funny/weird/interesting contents).
- I enjoy learning new languages, although I could only devote time to Duolingo so far.
- I love contributing to community-based platforms that offer reviews and memorable pictures of places people plan to visit; no doubt why I am a Google Maps Local Guide Lev. 7. Probably this falls within a broader sense of belonging to a community and happily contributing to it (thank you Denmark for having taught this to me!).
- I have experience with private tutoring lectures on maths/programming for high school or university students.
- I am part of the Greater Copenhagen Career Mentorship Program as a Mentor: in pills, I offer support and guidance to international students interested in starting a professional career in Denmark after the end of their studies.
I love conveying positive vibes to the people that surround me and I enjoy being pulled into inspiring conversations. I deem myself a very active and sociable person, with great adaptability to new contexts. At times, my lifestyle may sound a bit too hectic, reason why I also believe one deserves time to slow down, recharge, and start again with a fresh and clear mind. And why not, maybe by taking time for that trip you’ve been thinking of in a while?
I’m a fitness addict, I promote a healthy lifestyle and I love playing sports, especially in teams.
What I do in pills
I am an #Engineer
Actually, most people don’t even know what an engineer is and/or what he does, if this is the case, please check out what Wikipedia says about it…
I am a #Developer
My passion within IT was born by learning how to make websites. I started from scratch and just for fun, but later improved my skills over time and contributed to several projects (did you miss them?)
I am a #Film Lover
I love watching movies! Once I even thought about working for special and visual effects in the film industry. My favorite ones are Sci-Fi, Action, and Thrillers! If you’re curious and want to find out more about my cinematic tastes, check out my Letterboxd profile!
I am a #Video Maker
Probably the hobby I enjoy the most doing. I own a GoPro, which is my best mate for trips and outdoor experiences that deserve a memorable video.
I am #Creative
People usually think about things in life and wonder “Why?”. I think about things and wonder “Why not?”
I am a #Traveller
I love to travel and visit new places, discover countries, cultures, and people.